|Geochemical processes and pollutants management applications
Size: 142.16 KB :: Type: PDF document
- BSc in Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Ioannina, Greece
- PhD in Geology, Department of Geology, University of Patras, Greece
Dissertation: Geochemical processes in sediments collected from the North Atlantic Ocean: Porcupine Abyssal Plain, NE Atlantic
- Geochemical and biogeochemical processes in soils and sediments
- Geochemistry of water-sediment and water-rock interactions
- Hydrogeochemical processes in ground, surface and sea water
- Palaeoenvironmental and palaeooclimatic changes
- Synthesis, characterization and environmental uses of nanocomposites and nanoscale geomaterials e.g., clay minerals, for the decomposition of organic and inorganic water and air pollutants using advance oxidation technologies
I received a Bsc degree in Chemistry from the University of Ioannina, Greece and a PhD in Geology from the University of Patras, Greece. Following my PhD studies, I worked as a research associate at the Department of Geology, University of Patras, Greece. Also, I worked as an adjunct faculty member, teaching in undergraduate and postgraduate levels at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Technological Educational Institute of Western Greece (now University of the Peloponnese). I was the supervisor of more than 40 undergraduate and 14 postgraduate dissertations. During my academic and research activities I participated in 10 EU-funded projects and 2 National funded projects. So far, my research has been published in 39 peer-reviewed journals, 41 international scientific conference proceedings, 5 book chapters and 1 book edited by me. I am the reviewer of 22 journals. I have been invited to lecture in 6 Universities and Research Centers, summer and winter schools abroad. I am a member of the editorial board of a peer-reviewed journal, member of the scientific committee of two international conferences and member of the management committee of three EU-COST actions.
I participated in two international scientific expeditions at the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea, collaborating on board with European scientists. I am an External Expert for the evaluation of proposals for the European Cooperation in Science and Technology Association and the National Centre of Science and Technology Evaluation, Ministry of Education and Science, Astana, Republic of Kazakhstan.
I joined the Department of Environment, Ionian University in April 2020.
Please find more information at: