Year- One students, once they find out that they were successful in entering the Department of Environment via the Ministry of Education website (with their personal codes), they must regularly visit the Departmental website in order to find out about current opportunities and provisions. The year-one students:
- They register according to the relevant announcement of the Ministry of Education and the relevant announcement from the Department of the Environment found on their website.
- After completing the registration process via the departmental website, they get their electronic access codes (Student Welfare - Electronic Access to Academic Services). With these codes, first-year students can electronically issue their academic identity card (student card). They can do this by following the instructions they will find on the website. Students need to declare electronically the modules of their choice of the first semester following relevant announcement.
- Students can find information (under the announcement tab) on the procedure for issuing a subsistence card; students holding this card can eat for free because the Ionian University offers a student restaurant for its enrolled students. Students who are eligible for free subsistence need to meet the criteria seen in FEK. No. Φ5 / 68535 / Β3 / 18-6-2012 Joint Ministerial Decision.
- At present, the Department does not have an Accommodation Office, so students need to search for their own private accommodation on the island of Zakynthos.
- The departmental website provides further information to first-year students about the academic calendar and timetable.
- Via the website students are informed about the use of the "Student Bus" which takes students into town and its timetable. The Department, in cooperation with the KTEL of Zakynthos, allows students to issue a monthly travel card for the purpose of moving by bus to KTEL, the routes of which are planned according to the Department's timetable. There are 4 or 5 buses during the working days from the town of Zakynthos (start: Solomos Square station: Saint Dionysius) to the Department and vice versa and two routes per day in the weekend to transfer students from the city to the student restaurant and vice versa. Students interested in issuing a monthly bus card need to go to the KTEL offices in Zakynthos. First-year students who have not yet been issued a student card may provide as evidence of their student status their certificate of enrolment.