The graduate of the Department of Environment of the Ionian University, who is defined as an Environmental Scientist, has as his main professional and/or research activity one (or a combination of some) of the following directions:
- The preparation, writing and evaluation of Environmental Impact Studies.
- The conduct of environmental quality controls, the implementation and supervision of waste management and treatment methods, the implementation and supervision of anti-pollution methods.
- The development of Renewable Energy Sources.
- The assessment of Climate Change impact; environmental policy planning and evaluation, and environmental system management.
- The preparation and implementation of studies for the evaluation, monitoring and sustainable management of terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems; the processing, modelling and analysis of environmental and geographical data.
- The evaluation and management of elements of the natural and cultural heritage.
- Environmental education and Communication